If you don't think Rocky Roads are the most incredibly thing in the universe, you don't deserve to live on it. Got it?
I mean, what more could one ask for in a snack? There's chocolate, biscuits and marshmellows (and the cheeky addition of Maltesers)! Also, they're really popular and people will pay anything for them, making them a good fundraising choice!
125g soft unsalted butter
300g milk chocolate
3tbsp golden syrup
200g rich tea biscuits
100g mini marshmellows
2 tsp icing sugar, to dust
1. Heat the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove from the heat, scoop out about 125ml of the melted mixture and set aside in a bowl.
2. Place the biscuits into a plastic freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin until some have turned to crumbs but there are still pieces of biscuit remaining.
3. Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, then add the marshmellows.
4. Tip the mixture into a square baking tin and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
5. Pour over the reserved amount of the melted chocolate mixture and smooth again.
6. Refrigerate for about two hours or overnight.
7. To serve, cut into fingers and dust with icing sugar.
They. Were. Incredible.
That's all I'm going to say. Incredible. This one is getting made again.
_ _ _ _ _
I use the excuse of 'I bake' to taste every single cupcake in my sight. Seriously, if you have cupcakes, I will charge towards you at a high speed.
Cupcake shops are no exception. I want to try every single cupcake from every single shop (can you imagine how fat I would get?). So today my dad brought home cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery.
The flavours he chose were Violet, Carrot, Early Grey, Orange Blossom and Chocolate with White Chocolate frosting. YUM.
You might have remembered when I made Earl Grey cupcakes? Well, they were a Primrose Bakery recipe, believe it or not. So I did a comparison...
They didn't quite look the same, however...
My cupcakes were delish though, and they will be baked again. And more tea cupcakes to come!