Saturday 22 October 2011

Birthday Shenanigans!

so today is my birthday and I finally reach the age of fifteen. That's really scary, that means I'm halfway to 30, which feels absolutely ancient!
That also meant that I got to change my blog biography from 'an awkward fourteen year old cooking student' to the ever so different 'an awkward fifteen year old cooking student'.

During my special day, I went to my drama school (of course), went for a special birthday lunch to Nando's, our favourite restaurant, and then headed to Westfield for some shopping for some flat whites with the infamous Cousin Candice (although both Ella and Bebe drunk hot chocolate, and I was the only flat white drinker of the table, silly girls).
After making such a giant birthday rainbow cake, I took some for the girls in Nando's. I think they were surprised that I had any baking skill whatsoever. And the whole restaurant sung me 'Happy Birthday'!



Present-wise, I got brand new iTouch, which is going to get a lot of use, as well as perfume, money etc.
Baking wise, I got two lovely books.
Firstly, from Bebe, I got an amazing cupcake book called 'What's New, Cupcake?' by Karen Tack & Alan Richardson.


They have the most spectacular recipes and creations in this book, I can't wait to try a few out, even though they are all really challenging. I know my mum, being the biggest fan of my cakes (just kidding, she wishes I would stop), will be thrilled at my new gift.



Even Chinese takeaway noodles and fried rice cupcakes were in this book (of course it's not real noodles, it's made out of icing and sweets. yum.)



Secondly, THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF COOK BOOK!!
My mum and I were fans of the show from the very beginning of this series, we were hooked. So when it finally came to the end, I asked for the cookbook, so I could relive all of the classic memories (I'm a freak, so what?)


All in all, it was a great day, spent with great people doing great things!
Thank you to everyone who wished me a great day on Facebook or Twitter, you guys are all great!

Until next year! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment