Monday 26 September 2011

MY FIRST EVER ROAST DINNER!!

I'm serious. I'm going to be 15 years old next month and I've never made a roast dinner, only enjoyed them. But all that changed on Sunday night mwahahaha.

I made Roast Pork Belly, which sounds really odd, but it tastes amazing! To prepare the pork, I left it out overnight to dry out and then I scored it in an attempt to make crackling. Then, I rubbed 10g sea salt and 15g fennel seeds to give it some flavour.


It goes in the oven for around around 1 3/4 hours (10-15 minutes at 220 degrees, then 1 1/2 hours at 170).

While the meat was cooking, I got everything else ready. I made roast potatoes, roast parsnips (nom), carrots and cauliflower cheese. 
I'm guilty, I didn't make the cauliflower cheese myself. I bought it from Marks & Spencers. My mum has tried making home-made before, but nothing tastes as good as M&S!!


Everything went to plan! Nothing burnt and nothing was undercooked, I was really happy with my attempt! Maybe next time I'll do something slightly more 'normal'. I'm thinking Roast Beef, I always need an excuse to eat yorkshire puddings (once again from M&S, nothing beats it)


(the picture got taken without the gravy. Every roast dinner needs lots of gravy...)





No comments:

Post a Comment