Monday 19 September 2011

Orange Curd!!

As part of my current food technology project to create a traditional yet original home-style cake (which will be blogged about in full on Wednesday), I made home-made orange curd.

Recipe

+ Grated zest and juice of 2 large oranges
+ Juice of 1/2 lemon
+ 225g golden caster sugar
+ 125g unsalted butter
+ 3 egg yolks, beaten

The method is simple. All you have to is place all the ingredients into a large saucepan and heat over simmering water, while stirring, for around 20 minutes.

















Although, knowing me, it didn't go exactly to plan. Instead of taking 20 minutes, it took over an hour. I guess I just didn't turn it up high enough.


However, it will make a really good filling for my Orange and Rosemary Drizzle Cake that I have made in school and needs to be decorated, so I'm really excited to finish that...


I added fabric samples and string to the boring jam jars, just to give them a bit of a personal twist... I would probably make this again as little gifts for friends, it tasted really good! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment