Wednesday 21 September 2011

Orange and Rosemary Drizzle Cake!

Finally! My first Food Technology project has been completed! Our design brief was a traditional style cake with an original twist that could be sold among a range of home-bake style products.

BRIEF FULFILLED!

So we baked the cake on Monday and then our lovely Food Tech teacher put our cakes in the freezer until our lesson on Wednesday, when we iced and decorated them.

The actual cake bake went according to plan, although there was a little wobble towards the end when I thought my cake wasn't actually baking. Of course, the scary thought that I hadn't actually turned on the oven popped into my head.

When it came to icing, I knew from the beginning that I wanted a simple decoration, so as not to detract from the taste of the cake itself. As it was a sandwich cake, I filled it with the orange curd I made earlier in the week, which turned out to be a huge success!

So here was the final result, after carefully transporting it home and yelling at anyone who even dared to get in my way or prod my cake:



OK, so I know it's not the most aesthetically pleasing cake you've ever seen in your life... Trust me on the taste though!


Even my sister enjoyed it, and tried some before she went off to ballet. She rarely tries anything of mine, so it must've been a huge success...


Who knows what my next Food Tech project will be... I'll keep you updated! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment