Monday 26 December 2011

The best way of spreading Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

Merry Christmas for yesterday! What an amazing day it was... Full of family, food and, of course, festive cheer!

I got lot's of things of interest, including a brand spanking new camera (perfect to take baking photos, see below), Jo Malone perfume, and THE WHOLE FREAKING HARRY POTTER COLLECTION. I'm planning a date where I can watch all eight films back to back, and I'll make some magical treats to help me through the 24 hours that it will take me.

I haven't even mentioned all the baking goodies I was given by my family (and Santa. Let's not forget Santa). The goodies I got included:
  • More piping bags and decorating nozzles
  • A Battenburg cake bake tin!! What a genius idea, I'm so so so excited to try it out!
  • Edible Rice Paper cupcake toppers with my favourite boybands face's splashed across them. Bring on Valentine's Day. I know Ella is excited to try my One Direction cupcakes
  • An icing palette knife, and various other kitchen utensils
  • Three new baking books. Two of them were from the Hummingbird bakery, and one was the Leon 'Baking & Puddings' book.


I probably got many more baking-related goodies, but I can't remind myself of what they were...


 Every year, our Christmas tree is 'alternative'. Instead of a traditional tree with lot's of baubles and tinsel, we do something slightly different. We make ginger cookies to hang on the tree, and we make tinsel out of popcorn and cranberries!



 I don't actually eat mince pies, because I can't stand raisins and other dried fruit, but I wasn't even allowed to make them this year. Apparently, according to my mum, I would 'make too much mess', so she made them herself.


Undoubtably, one of the best things about Christmas day is the mammoth feast that we call Christmas dinner. It is the one meal a year where no one can judge you for how much you eat. Every year, people around the country manage to consume mountains of food, and I am one of those people.



I don't eat Christmas pudding either, but that didn't stop me making it! Back in September, I followed the secret Burnett recipe, and made all my Christmas wishes. I'll let you know if they come true...



I hope everyone had an absolutely wonderful day, and all of your Christmas wishes come true...

With that, I am going to make myself a cup of tea, and plan lot's of bakes for the new year with all of my new recipe books.


xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment