Saturday 31 December 2011

Polly's Fridge Bars (and New Year's Resolutions)

Let me just start off by saying, don't bake with your sister. Just don't do it. She's even messier than I am, she is incapable of doing even the simplest of things and she can be a real pain.

These aren't her recipe, the recipe is from Hummingbird bakery but I'm still going to call them 'Polly's Fridge Bars'

Ingredients
400g unsalted butter
200ml golden syrup
100g cocoa powder
800g digestive biscuits, broken into small chunks
200g raisins (we didn't put these in. Raisins are gross)

You will also need a 33 x 25 x 5-cm baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper

Method
1.  Put the butter, golden syrup and cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat and heat until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally

2. Put the biscuit chunks and raisins (if using) in a large bowl and pour in the chocolate mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well mixed and the biscuits are evenly dispersed.

3. Press this mixture in to the prepared baking tray, using a tablespoon to flatten and compress it.

4. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, or overnight if possible.

It was a no-bake bake! It's a super simple recipe, and the outcome is alright too! It also goes absolutely perfect with a cup of tea. It's a thumbs up from me!


So that's it. Another year over. They always seem to fly by, and I always manage to make promises and commitments that I never seem to keep. But I have lot's of things I want to achieve in 2012, baking related and others not-so, and keeping a list is the easiest way of remembering them. I'll hopefully revisit this list at this time next year (assuming we're all alive and the world doesn't end)

1. Make macaroons. I've been dying to do this for ages.

2. Raise £2000 for my World Challenge expedition to Madagascar

3. Sort my skin out once and for all. It's been three years now and I want better than this

4. Use my Battenburg cake tin!

5. Perfect my piping technique. It still needs lot's of work :/

6. Watch more French movies, they are simply the best thing ever.

7. BE HAPPY!

That's not too much to ask, right?

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve and an even better 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment